Adopted by the Board of Trustees 8/25/2020
Out of love and respect for every member of the congregation and in an ongoing effort to promote public safety during the COVID-19 outbreak, the leadership of UUCH has developed the following policy. This policy covers any event or gathering sponsored by a committee or an established part of church ministry (i.e. Hospitality, Social Justice, Soul Circles, Music, RE, etc.), whether at the church or off-site. It also covers any event or gathering on church property, even if not sponsored by one of the aforementioned groups. This policy will remain in effect until amended by the UUCH Board of Trustees.
- Due to the risk of community spread of COVID-19, all in-building meetings, functions, and rentals are postponed until further notice.
- It is our intent to minimize the number of people in the church at any given time. Very small groups of 2-3 people who have specific projects that require extended building access should contact the church office to schedule a low-traffic time to be in the building.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the church building for any reason.
- If you have a pressing need that requires entry into the church, please contact our minister, Jaimie Dingus, or our office administrator, Holly Hinkle, to let them know you are coming (contact info below).
- In order to retain a safe working environment for all church staff, visitors are required to wear masks at all times while in the church building
- Social distancing is recommended, even while masked.
- We have placed hand sanitizer on a table outside the office. Please use the hand sanitizer before entering the office.
- Visitors should please refrain from using the church bathrooms.
Meeting on Church Grounds
Groups of 10 or less are permitted to meet outdoors on church grounds while adhering to the following guidelines:
- No communal singing.
- No food service or sharing.
- Please do not plan on using the church bathrooms. (In case of urgency, please use only the restroom in RE Wing, and enter the building one person at a time.)
- Masks and facial coverings are strongly encouraged.
- Please maintain a minimum of 6 feet of social distance.
- Give thought to accessibility inclusiveness (lawns are often not accessible to wheelchair and walker users).
- When inviting participants, be clear about the inclusion or exclusion of small children and others who might find it hard to observe physical distancing.
Our top priority in these times, is to keep everyone in our community safe and healthy. Please honor our church covenant by abiding by this church policy, and encourage others to do the same. The church staff is empowered to ask anyone to leave our property if they are unable or unwilling to abide by these safety policies.
- Holly Hinkle, Administrator, 256-534-0508, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jaimie Dingus, Minister, 256-534-0508, email@example.com
- John Schulz, Board of Trustees President, 619-961-5000, firstname.lastname@example.org