Putting Our Faith Into Action
As members of UUCH we covenant to … “bring our vision of justice, equity, and compassion in human relations into our wider community”. We work to better our community by providing services and resources to local charitable organizations. Examples of projects we are involved with include:
- Preparing meal packs for Huntsville’s homeless (a joint project with our Religious Education classes) to be distributed by First Stop
- Winterizing homes of the elderly and homebound with CASA TEMP$
- Serving Christmas dinner and providing presents for the Alabama Hispanic Association
- Working on Habitat for Humanity homes
- Organizing teams for the National Association for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) walk and the Liz Hurley Ribbon Run,
- Monthly food collection for the Huntsville Assistance Program (HAP) food pantry
- And many more!
You Can Help Too
To become involved, watch our newsletter for upcoming projects and for Social Justice Committee meetings. Contact the Social Justice Chair at UUCH@uuch.org Attention Social Justice for more information.
Your ideas and energy are welcome and needed!