Dear Members and Friends of UUCH:
If you are currently serving in a position of leadership at the church, or have in the past, I encourage you to attend a leadership worship I am leading at the church on Saturday, December 7, from 9 a.m. until noon.
At this leadership workshop among the subjects I will cover are the following:
- Introduce UUCH’s new policy and procedure manual
- Explain the reasons why clear and comprehensive church policies are important to the life of the church
- The relationship between the Settled Minister, the Board, the Committees and the Council of Committees
- How a very high percentage of problems in congregations arise from a confusion about, and lack of consensus and agreement regarding, the policies by which a congregation will be governed
- How policies can be changed at any time and who can change them
leadership worship is an opportunity for all the church leadership to
carefully consider how it will frame their relationship with the new
I hope that anyone who is interested in the life of the church or is interested in being a leader in the future, will consider attending.